Firmware update of BG96 RAK8212 moudle via DFOTA
Quectel provides a method to update the firmware of BG96 via DFOTA (Delta Firmware Upgrade Over-the-air). And it is a simple way as below:
Make sure your moudle has connected to operator net, you can query by the relevant AT commands are listed below:
Query signal quality: AT+CSQ
Query network registration status: AT+CREG? or AT+CGREG?
Query the registered operator: AT+COPS?
My test is based on 2G with China Mobile, and my init code is shown in the attached file.
Put the delta firmware on HTTP server
Execute AT+QFOTADL command. Then the module will automatically download the package from HTTP server via LTE/GPRS network and finally automatically upgrade the module’s firmware.
4.Use command :ATI to see the firmware version. For example, the response like below:
0> Revision: BG96MAR02A05M1G (05 is the version num)
The overall process:
- moudle connect to operator net
- put firmware on http server and the address is like : https://www.quectel.com:100/update.zip
- use command and update finish automatically.
+QIND: "FOTA","HTTPEND",0 //Finish downloading the package from HTTP server.
+QIND: "FOTA","UPDATING", 1%
+QIND: "FOTA","UPDATING", 2%
+QIND: "FOTA","UPDATING", 100%
+QIND: "FOTA","RESTORE", 1%
+QIND: "FOTA","RESTORE", 2%
PS: attached file is below:
- my example init code (connect to net)
- update firmware from 05 to 06 version and 06 to 05 version
- detailed process of DFOTA by Quectel
Add new firmware from 06 to 07:
07 back to 06:
05 to 07 :
- The order of update must to be obeyed and no skip.
- AT+QFOTADL=<URL>, the length of URL is better to be less than 97. So the name of file can be renamed.
@nero Hello, do you have the zip file for upgrading from 04 version to 05?